Home Inspector Seminole Florida
Above Image – Home Inspection Service, Seminole FL
Home Inspector Seminole FL
Seminole is a city in Pinellas County, Florida, with a population of 19,364 as of 2020. It is located near the coast of the Gulf of Mexico and is prone to hurricanes and other strong windstorms. Homeowners in Seminole may need to protect their homes from wind damage and reduce their insurance premiums by getting various inspections.
A home inspection is a general evaluation of the condition and safety of a home, usually done before buying or selling a property. A home inspection covers many aspects of the home, such as the structure, foundation, roof, plumbing, electrical, heating, cooling, ventilation, insulation, appliances, and more. A home inspection can reveal any defects, damages, or potential problems that may affect the value or livability of the home.
A 4 point inspection is a specific type of home inspection that focuses on four major systems: roofing, HVAC, electrical, and plumbing. A 4 point inspection is often required by insurance companies for older homes (usually 25 years or older) to determine their risk and coverage. A 4 point inspection reports the condition and age of these systems and whether they need any repairs or replacements.
A wind mitigation inspection is another type of home inspection that evaluates how well a home can withstand strong winds. A wind mitigation inspection is voluntary, but it can result in discounts on the wind portion of the home insurance policy. A wind mitigation inspection checks the following features of the home:
- The roof shape and material
- The roof deck attachment and secondary water resistance
- The roof-to-wall connection
- The opening protection (windows, doors, skylights)
- The wall construction type
A wind mitigation inspection can save homeowners anywhere from 3% to 55% on their wind insurance premiums, depending on the level of wind resistance they have.
Since you are interested in wind mitigation inspections, here are some more details about them:
- A wind mitigation inspection typically costs around $75 to $150 and takes about an hour to complete.
- A wind mitigation inspection is valid for five years or until any changes are made to the home that affect its wind resistance.
- A wind mitigation inspection can be done by a certified inspector who has completed a Florida-approved course and has a valid license.
- A wind mitigation inspection results in a report that includes photos and documentation of the wind-resistant features of the home. The report can be submitted to the insurance company to apply for discounts.
I hope this information helps you learn more about Seminole Florida and the different types of inspections you may need for your home. If you have any questions or need more assistance, please let me know.
Book a home inspection today and get peace of mind for your property. Contact us now to schedule an appointment with one of our qualified inspectors.
If you are looking for a Home Inspection Service in Hudson FL, call us we are open 7 days a week for full home inspections, 4 point Inspections & Wind Mitigation. 727-914-9650. Same Day Reports. You can always book on line at https://www.jblhomeinspections.com/book-a-home-inspection/ .
Complete Home Inspection
A complete home inspections is the most comprehensive inspection you can have.
A 4-point inspection covers four main components such as: Roof, Electrical Systems, HVAC, and Plumbing.
A wind mitigation inspection is the inspection of a home’s structural componentsto protect from high winds and flying debris.
A pre or reinspection is an inspections to give you confidence before you sell or buy a home.
Need a Home Inspection?
Fill out our form or call us for a home inspection!